- Hey 2015, it’s me jedimama (nickname, spirit animal, real name, blog name)
- This year I would like to run happy, build some strength, and break out of my comfort zone.
- It would also be super duper awesome if I also did PR the 5K and 13.1 this year. It’s not a resolution, though, just a reminder to myself to try and have the best year yet because I'm turning 40.
- The thing I am looking forward to most this year is running with friends again.
- I’ll use the one thing that truly gets me out of bed in the morning which is a full bladder to help me get up, get moving (verb) and get after my #NoExcuses 2015.
- Speaking of excuses (ahem), my very favorite excuse is lack of time and I have used it to get out of doing everything and then some on more than 1975 (number) occasions.
- I vow to move my body and be more healthy this year even if it means I have to go to bed earlier.
- Even if my alarm clock gets eaten by the dog in the middle of the night, I'll still get up on time instead of wasting the morning.
- I will stop blaming the girls [ex: kids, dog, husband] for eating the rest of the chocolate chips when everyone knows it was really me.
- My kids [job, hair, car, husband, kids] are not the reason I make excuses. I will show my kids [same as before] who's boss this year and get my running [type of sweaty activity] on
- I know that an outside run [type of workout] is better than a treadmill run [noun]
- I will reward myself by sleeping better.
- No Excuses 2015 has just begun and already I am imagining myself a winner. I can’t wait to rock an action jersey (article of clothing) from Augusta Active. I can’t wait till my sweaty friends are jealous of how fresh, clean and not stinky (adj) I am between workouts with help from ShowerPill body wipes. I can see myself rocking strength workouts [yoga pose / workout move] in new capris [article of clothing from Actio926] from Actio926 and looking fit and fly while doing it. And of course, I’ll be taking my workouts to the next level and improving my abs [noun] with my new ActivMotion Bar to help me train for my next 13.1 mile [distance] race with Sasquatch Racing.
- Oh, and let’s not forget how amazing my capris [article of clothing] will smell in my / during my speedwork [favorite type of workout] after washing with some WIN Detergent. And lastly, I’ll keep rocking my 2015 with clean eats and nutrition from Beaming with Health!
- Tag, Tweet, shout-out, call, text, fax or email 3 friends to take this survey and share how they will have a #NoExcuses 2015. Remind your friends to simply fill in the underlined parts!
- Use the #NoExcuses hashtag and post to win prizes from Augusta Active, ShowerPill, ActivMotion Bar, WIN Detergent, Actio926, Beaming with Health, and Sasquatch Racing.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Friday, January 2, 2015
|Lotta green (Easy) on there…|
Mileage: 32.6 miles
Bike: 39.2 miles
Cross training: 22 days / 27 sessions
Not a lot of running, but more than last December (23.7) and I did a decent amount of biking and cross training. I also did a decent amount of socializing! Lots of nights out with friends and holiday celebrations. It's been a pretty good month.
I recently got a new iPhone (5S) that can take full advantage of the Health App and count my steps and track my sleep and all that fun stuff. I manage to walk an average of 3 miles per day just doing chores in my house. The sleep tracker has confirmed that I sleep like crap. I'm awake multiple times a night and don't get a lot of deep sleep. I'm sick AGAIN though, so I'm hoping to get back on track. I was doing so well getting up at 6:30 every morning and it was easier to fall asleep but then Christmas vacation happened and we all got sick again and yeah. I hope to start again on Monday.
As far as the year went… I wound up with 661.9 miles (yes I find that funny too) which is the most I have ever done. Sure, it would be great to have a 1000 mile year, but I don't think that's in the cards for me right now. As long as I keep going up, which is what I'm been doing, I'm happy. I think I'm also less likely to get injured that way. I've got 51.7 biking miles for the year to add to those running miles too.
Last year's goals:
1. Run 4 times a week
2. Cross train 4 times a week
3. Beat my 5K PR of 27:35
3a. Set a new PR of 26:30
4. Don't get injured doing it!
1. 4 times a week is tough. I had some good weeks, but quite a few when I couldn't get that 4th run in. I'm pretty sure I did 3 times a week consistently though.
2. Tee hee. I had months when I did a lot of cross training but many months when I did none.
3. HAHAHAHA, nope. Not even close.
4. No injuries, so that's good.
So, not quite a successful year as far as that goes. BUT, I had lots of special running moments that meant more than the time on the clock (Ragnar, Wildcats Marathon with my kids, Ran a race with my husband, Running the half marathon for Fallon). I also participated in something called the Earthathon and helped other runners reach an awesome goal of running 25,000 miles. For 2015 I am helping to lead a team of over 20 runners (United Snails) as we try to reach 25,000 before other teams (there's still time to join! Go here to join a team. All you need is a twitter account.) It's a great way to stay motivated to run during a cold dreary winter.
I'm keeping my goals for 2015 simple:
1. Run 3 times a week
2. Bike 2 times a week
3. Cross train (strength, core, etc.) whenever I can
4. Run with friends whenever I get the opportunity!
5. Be the best runner I can be
I'm not giving myself any time goals. I would like to PR at both the 5K and half marathon this year. I'll work damn hard to do it. But I'm not going to define myself by that. I'm not going to judge my success on numbers. I'm not an elite, not a pro, I'm just another Strong Running Mama trying to stay sane and be a good example to my kids. If I do the majority of my runs with a smile on my face (or at least in my heart) and run with friends and laugh, I'm doing pretty good. I am a million light years ahead of where I was 5, 10, 15 years ago.