Friday, July 10, 2009

Walking on sunshine

I'm not sure how much time I will have. So rather than the long-winded blathering paragraphs you are used to, I'm going with the lists. I'm not sure if blathering is a word but I'm going to continue to use it because I'm a grammatical rebel. 


I love:

1. that my son has been dry 5 nights in a row now. Vader gets him up at 10 and that's it. The difference? I've made sure we eat dinner before 6:30, preferably before 6, even if that means we're already eating when Daddy gets home. 
2. that my youngest just fell asleep with her arm out of the swaddle. Perhaps she won't get as addicted as her older sister did. 
3. fun relaxing playdates with no drama. 
4. that I have become someone who looks forward to and enjoys playdates and can honestly say I have friends who are not just on the internet.
5. that I am becoming a morning person and getting up at 5/5:30 every day. 
6. that all 3 of my children are upstairs and I am not. 
7. that I reorganized my tupperware and glassware cabinets and pots and pans cupboards. 
8. that I am wearing my skinny shorts and have not done any regular exercise yet. I know. I just lost all my friends. 
9. that the sun is shining and the sky is blue. 
10. that SkyWalker and the Princess both sang Twinkle Little Star to Chewie at naptime.

And now I'm going to do something productive for the rest of my nap/quiet time. (No, Mama doesn't nap. What's the fun in that?)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

Felice said...

Nice!Breastfeeding is as good as -- if not better than -- exercising. That body is working hard to make lots of milk!

Shinesalot said...

You are so awesome you sometimes make me sick. :) Five nights in a row - that's awesome! As soon as I posted we had three or four dry nights we haven't had one since...ug. I definitely don't think we're there yet. I am so glad you are walking on sunshine in your damn skinny shorts.