Sunday, October 1, 2006

Empty Nest

I have just gotten home from work. There is a rainbow outside and it is lovely and I raced inside the house to share it with SkyWalker and he isn't here.

There is a note from my husband saying that they are at the mall and will be back at 6. 6? I get home at 5:30. Now, while I understand that many of my friends would be thrilled to come home to a childless house and have "free time", I am not my friends. I am not thrilled. I am annoyed beyond belief that he couldn't time it so he could be home when I got home. I am not supposed to be here without SkyWalker.

What's worse is that I know my husband has no sense of time. He's constantly late. Constantly. It is wicked annoying. So he will probably not be here at 6. And not even consider when SkyWalker has to have dinner and go to bed. And that's even less time that I will have with him.

I am going to lay on the couch and read a book and not even think about making dinner. I hope Vader is starving when he gets home. And then he'll have to wait even longer. Ha!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

Bee said...

I am sooo one of those people that would have been ok with it -- though maybe not "happy," per se... I need some time alone with a book every now and again... Maybe soon...

Beth said...

I believe we may have the same husband. Hubby has NO concept of time, either. I think it may be encoded in their DNA.

Bee said...

Nah... It's not one man... It's all of them! That pesky "Y" chromosome...