Thursday, November 16, 2006

Phone etiquette

I forgot to write this last night--

Tuesday morning I'm in the bathroom doing what people do in the bathroom. The phone rings but I am clearly not getting it since I am in the bathroom. I hear a "beep" which means that the phone is off the hook. I shout "Did you pick up that phone??!!" And SkyWalker comes toddling in the bathroom, phone in hand, and says "Dada." I hope it's my husband. I look at the phone and the light is indeed red, so I say "Hello??" and it's my mother. Luckily my mother. So I say "I'm sorry I'm pooping now I'll have to call you back." She knew SkyWalker had picked up the phone and could hear him talking but he didn't say anything to her. It was hilarious. As I type this now it just dawned on me that he didn't say "Dada." He always calls my husband Daddy. I think he said "there there" which is what he says when he hands me something. That's even funnier.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Bee said...

That sounds like the time Boogie picked up our phone and pushed the speed dial button -- which calls his daddy at work... Luckily, there is caller ID on his work phone AND I found Boogie only about a minute after he called... I guess the lesson for me was to stop leaving the cordless down low enough for Boogie to reach it!