Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Writing

I was looking for, something, ah, my old Wonder Woman datebook cover, when I came across a box containing all my old high school poetry. Rather than keep them locked up I thought I would share them, if for no other reason than to laugh (although some of these were actually PUBLISHED in small presses and were responsible for me winning awards and scholarships). These poems are TWENTY years old. TWENTY. Muse on that one, man.

Here is your first installment:

Writing

Writing is
like the wind,
lifting my soul.
Carrying me to
the safe utopia
in the dark abyss
of my mind;
Grasping my hand:
an anxious mother;
Hovering over me with eagle eyes:
an over-protective father;
Yet, letting me be free
letting me be me.
Writing is like the wind.

2 comments:

Shinesalot said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I freaking love it! Go you! And thanks for inspiring me. Think I'll write a few in addition to posting some, too...

Felice Devine said...

Excellent.
I love that you had a safe utopia in the dark abyss of your mind.