Thursday, April 17, 2014

Dodging those damn deer again


In two days I will run my first race since the half marathon in October. All of the jedi, with the exception of the youngest, will be racing. Chewie will do the kids sprint, Skywalker, the Princess & Vader are doing the one mile and then I am doing the 5K. Unfortunately, Chewie has soccer practice at the same time as the 5K, so they will run and Vader will take them to practice. I will either run home or hopefully catch a ride with friends. Or maybe stay and wait for Vader to pick me up.

It will once again be on the chillier side. Last weekend was sunny and warm and beautiful. Race weekend will be chilly & probably include rain. Awesome.

I've thought long and hard about what I want to do for this race. My "goal" race is in 2 weeks so I don't want to go all out. I've been putting the miles in and doing my speedwork but I haven't quite been feeling as energetic as I could be. I'm not going to stress out when I have another race in 2 weeks (and a Ragnar after that!). I want to push myself … but only so much.

C. Beat my last time for this race: 28:26
B. 28:00
A. Find the joy in the run again.

If by some odd chance I manage to beat my overall PR (27:35), yipee. But I'm not focusing on that. I really just want that runner's high again.

Whatever happens, the day is sure to be a good one. I'll be racing with my new Bia watch (review on that coming soon), my kids are running, and the best part is we'll be having our good friends over for dinner. You can't beat friends and pizza after a race!

No comments: