Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April stats



I started April with a stomach bug so I wasn't sure how it was going to go but I'm pretty pleased with the results. I didn't do much running (or much of anything) during our spring break but it was right before the Dodge the Deer race so I was okay with that. I've managed to fit my runs in around all the crazy school stuff and demands of children who want attention. I did not do so well with the cross training, but I'm not sweating it. 

Stats:

Mileage: 70
Runs: 15
Races: 1 Dodge the Deer
Crosstraining days: 6 (eek!)

It's a giant improvement from last month's 48.8 and last April's 52.5. 

As I was running today I listened to the Another Mother Runner podcast about Time Management and how we always say we don't have enough time when really we do. I know I squander huge amounts of time… but I don't really think of it as squandering. We don't have to be "busy" to be valuable. It's okay to have the time to sit down and read a book or check Facebook/twitter or just watch TV. It was a really good podcast. As a "stay at home" mom I often feel like I am slacking if I'm not making things really hard for myself, but I'm not slacking. I am enjoying my freedom for as long as I can and if that means saying no to some things so I can have that blank space on my calendar, then so be it. Ironically as I am posting about this I really need to shower and get the laundry out of the dryer and think about dinner and Lightrunner has just woken up from his nap. I also have to mentally prepare myself for Chewie's Kindergarten screening tomorrow. That'll take the most time.

No comments: