Thursday, December 28, 2006

Big Boy Beds and other things

Vader and I decided that SkyWalker's "big" Christmas gift would be his toddler bed. Not that SkyWalker really cares about "big" gifts or anything like that but it made me feel better. I bought the bed back in July and we just hadn't put it together. Friday night Vader assembled it, brought it to SkyWalker's room and made sure the mattress fit in it (we only have one mattress). SkyWalker jumped on it, loved it, and said he wanted to sleep in it. We left the crib in his room partly in case he freaked out, and because we had to take it apart to get it out and it was just too late. Around 2 am, we heard him cry, Vader went upstairs and he was standing between the bed and the wall, apparently he had fallen out. Vader put him back in. Around 7 he cried. By the time Vader got to the stairs he was done. When Vader went up there after 8 to get him up he was back in his bed. The next night there was no crying. He's been in his toddler bed ever since.

The only problem has been with me--SkyWalker has been resisting sleeping for Mommy for a while now. He did it with the crib too, so it's not a bed issue. But with the bed he can get out of it and refuse to lay down. Which is what he's been doing until Daddy comes upstairs... but that's a problem SkyWalker and I are going to have to work out on our own. Other than that, he's been great with his bed. He stays in it until we go up and get him, he hasn't asked for his crib and doesn't seem to really care that it's gone. He usually adjusts to things pretty quickly so I don't why I was stressing over it before.

Christmas was good. SkyWalker got lots of nice presents. His unholy love for Thomas the damn Tank Engine has been solidified. Ugh. We got matching sock monkey pajamas for our Christmas Eve gifts. And we looked pretty damn cute wearing them.

Vader shocked surprised me with a speaker docking system for my iPod. Very very nice. I actually got teary.

I am posting from work because no one showed up for my anime program. So I am taking a little break. I never take my second break. But now I am.

It seems like the entire world has this week off. Except for me.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: