Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Holy lack of motivation

Lookee me, posting from work. Ah well. There were many years I never took my two ten-minute breaks, so at this point the library OWES ME time. Right?

I am in a funk. I know, I know, when am I not in a funk? It has been painfully slow in the children's room, there were flurries this morning and it's wicked cold (when it was just in the 60s last week) and all of this leads me to want to just snuggle up somewhere and take a nap. Not really conducive to the whole working thing. I'm going to a teen workshop thing tomorrow so hopefully that will break up the monotony of this week. I think people are probably out shopping as there are no storytimes so there's no reason to come to the library.

SkyWalker has been talking more and more lately. It's so funny to watch. I've known for a while now that he had a much larger vocabulary than one would think--we use flash cards with him and he tell him to point to the various words/pictures and he always gets everything right. Now he's finally starting to say those words back to us. He's always loved the alphabet too and I am no longer allowed to sing anything other than the alphabet song. If I start singing something else he interrupts me to say "ABB!". The past few days he's been identifying letters whenever he sees them and he repeats each letter back to us. He never does all of them each time though--for some reason he has to say "No" to letters that I know he can say but he just chooses not to at that time. Last night Vader and I were with him before bath time and Vader pointed to each of the letters in his alphabet puzzle and he identified most of them correctly. He gets a little impatient though and wants to skip ahead so he points to his favorite letters (right now it's "W"). He knows the difference between the M and the W now (he used to use them interchangeably) and he says W so cute-- "douba". He's growing up so quickly and turning into a real little boy.

It's probably good that we don't have comfortable chairs here. I think I could fall asleep right at the desk. Although if I did I certainly wouldn't be the first one of us to do so... ;-)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: