Friday, January 19, 2007

My queendom for a nap

Not necessarily for me. But for a certain little jedi who is refusing to nap at all. And after such a horrible night you would think he would be wiped out. I left work "early" so I could get home, poop in peace, relax and watch the musical Scrubs. When I got home SkyWalker was up because the damn dogs had barked. Argh. I made the mistake of going up there. He kept asking to use the potty. How can I say no to that? So he actually peed on the potty 3 times! Yay, wonderful, but he just wanted to sit there. He kept saying pee and poopoo and cried when I tried to put him back to bed, but when I put him on the potty he didn't poop. Both Vader and I tried to calm him down numerous times. I finally had to leave him screaming at the gate. And he SCREAMED for at least half an hour before he finally fell asleep. I can only hope on his bed. Ugh.

He's been mostly okay today, no more potty business although we have flushed his poop down the potty a couple of times today. He washed his hands after and when I told him he was done and got the towel to dry his hands off he managed to turn the faucet back on and burn his hand. He SCREAMED again. Is it any wonder I have headaches? One of his fingers is a bit redder than the others so he must have gotten it good... but it's not blistering and I'm sure  he'll be fine.

I don't know if he's picked this up at daycare or just doing it on his own, but he's been giving me this fake, showing all his teeth smile, whenever he knows he's skating on thin ice or he's just gotten me to read him yet one more book. It's funny and annoying at the same time.

Interesting observation--when I was home alone on Wednesday the dogs did not bark ONCE. They growled a couple of times but no barking. As soon as I picked up SkyWalker and he was home, the barking began. I think I have been replaced as "One to protect." Either that or they're so used to him saying "I E bark." that they think they *have* to bark. (I=Isaac and for some reason E=Haze).

He's been saying "Puzzle" and it is the cutest thing in the world. I don't know why he didn't start talking sooner when I give him a standing ovation every time he says anything! Right now he is playing with a huge box we have in the living room from one of our recent purchases. Nice to know all these toys aren't a waste of space. Argh. He's also been drawing "O"s. He wanted me to draw a bunch of circles, (he says "O") so I told him to and he actually hesitated, thought about what he was doing and drew a circle. Not perfect, but pretty damn good.

One of the three of them has either farted ("bart") or pooped because it stinks right now. I think I would notice if the dogs pooped... they have been farting really bad today so it's very possible it's not a SkyWalker poop. That would be the 3rd of the day and I'm really not in the mood for another one. I don't know how I got such a pooper when I have to struggle and work at each one...

I just ordered new contacts online (refills) and I got a cancellation notice saying when they confirmed it with the doc it wasn't the right prescription but the doc gave them the right one so they changed the order. I was confused and after scrutinizing the wrong and fixed orders I finally saw what it was. Instead of -5.0 I put -.5 for one of my eyes. Yeah, that's a difference. Oh, I cancelled that doc appt the other day because it was clear I did not have pink eye. I have hypochrondritus. I hope it goes away soon.

Why is throwing a piece of string on my lap and then pulling it away so amusing?

I may not get naptime today, but at least it's almost snack time. I need a snack damnit.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Bee said...

Hypochrondritus?!? Hope that's not contagious! ;)