Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I could get used to this

And by "this" I mean this staying home thing. I have had a lovely 3 days off of work (not including the normal Sat & Sun). My mom and sister came on Saturday and left yesterday morning and that certainly helped. We bought a new combo changing table/dresser. My mom cooked dinner Monday night. There are loads of leftovers. Vader finally finished painting #2's room. He still has to take all the plastic down and move the furniture back and get the dresser up there before I can do anything else.

SkyWalker and I have had a lovely time. He didn't nap yesterday and then had a bit of a breakdown when we were downstairs and I was printing pictures. The trouble with digital pictures is that they're digital...sure I make albums and upload them and share them, but SkyWalker's photo album stopped when he was 10 months old! So I went through all my digital albums to choose pictures to print. I thought maybe 30-40. Ha. 118. I got 25 done before SkyWalker got really bored with his toys and wanted to play with the pictures. As it turned out I am on the last printer ribbon and I don't think I have enough paper either (for the Kodak Easyshare printer) so it was taking a while to figure out how the hell to save my list of pictures without having to either manually write them down or just start from scratch. I finally figured it out but not after much cranky no-nap whining and crying. Once we went back upstairs and I started making dinner he was okay.

He is playing with his cars and blocks right now, very nicely by himself, although he keeps asking for a truck movie. I wasn't aware we had a truck movie. We watched the Baby Einstein On the Go and he was happy with that but it's clear that he has a specific truck movie in mind. I'm not sure if maybe one of the Thomas episodes had a truck in it and that's what he's referring to, or if my mom or sister called something a truck movie, or if he just wants me to make one up.

He's been sleeping great, aside from the lack of nap yesterday, and I even changed the sheets on his bed. He still has the Thomas blanket and pillow though. He doesn't actually sleep on the pillow, it's just in the bed so I don't think it needs to be washed every week. Hopefully by the time something happens to it (I shrink it, it gets stained, etc) he will have retrained himself to sleep and it won't matter. He may have already done so but I'm too damn tired to experiment.

He's sitting on the potty a lot more but saying he's done after less than a minute. Dude, you're my kid there's no way you're done. You need to put a little effort in. He's also asking for a "new diaper" which is absolutely hilarious. I can't believe how much he is talking now.

I should probably take advantage of his independent playing and get dressed. I considered going to Target for a few things but I really don't feel like leaving the house. Tomorrow is going to royally suck and I want as much relaxing time at home today as possible. At least it's just 2 days at work this week and then we'll have the weekend together. I fantasize about being home all the time. There are times when I'm pulling my hair out (neither one of us is perfect--SkyWalker gets naughty & whiny and I get frustrated) and I wonder if I can really do it and then I remember that those times are rare and that yes I can do it. I know, deep down I know, that this is what I'm *supposed* to be doing.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Bee said...

I've missed you at work, though I knew you were probably quite content to be home! I think you would be perfectly fine as a stay-at-home mommy... Me, on the other hand... Well... Let's just say that I am doing just OK as a part-timer... See you tomorrow!