Friday, August 11, 2006

I swear it just's a coincidence

that my first three entries are about poop. I was going to have another pooping story. Really. Well, this isn't so much about the poop as it is about my husband's refusal to believe that I am right all the time.

A few months ago we discovered that sundried tomato dressing gave SkyWalker horrible diaper rash. Horrible. To the point of bleeding. I say we discovered it, but it was really my husband giving it to him every week and me noticing the reaction. So we stopped giving it to him (again with the "we") and it went away. All good.

I call my husband at work yesterday to say "I forget to take chicken out before i left but there's some nuggets still in the fridge if you want to give [SkyWalker] those." He tells me he took chicken out before he left and that he thinks he'll just give him some of what he makes--with the dressing on it. I say "No!" We have a friendly little argument on the phone, but I don't really think he's that stupid.

Sigh.

Sure enough he gave him a little bit of the dressing. Can't hurt right? When I picked SkyWalker up from daycare today and took him to the in-laws for our weekly dinner, he was very clingy and not happy. He ate a little and then started saying "A poopoo" and really struggling. He was crying and we decided we needed to take him home early. We got home and it was much of the same. I tried to give him prunes. I tried to give him peaches. No go. We put him to bed and he off and on cried out and then I heard him really pushing. He managed to get it out and i guess it was pretty solid. I say I guess because the man responsible had to go up there to take care of it.

It's no coincidence that he had problems in the past with this stuff and the day after he has it again he has a horrible pooping experience. Nothing else in his diet changed.

So today's moral is: next time Mama says no damn sundried tomato dressing, don't give him sundried tomato dressing!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend