Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh the irony

Ironically enough as I was typing my last entry, the boy was pooping. We headed upstairs for a diaper change. After much squirming and crying I finally pulled myself together and got his diaper off. Ew. It was a nice one. Anyway, he starts moving all around and while I'm wrapping the old diaper up he sits up. So I snap him up, get his shorts on and put him on the floor.

And then I see it.

Usually I see something scary before the diaper change, not after.

I see the new diaper I had laid out. I look at the boy and say "If that diaper is there, then what are YOU wearing?" and in horror I realized the answer. 

I quickly scooped him up, yanked his shorts, unbuttoned his shirt, and what did I see? A free standing dangling wee-wee. Yup, I forgot the diaper. Luckily I realized it so quickly because I probably would not have changed his diaper again before daycare. 

I think I should get naptime too. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

FantasyLibrarian said...

That's incredibly funny . . . :-)