Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shadows

SkyWalker and I had an interesting snack time conversation about the shadows in his room. He's mentioned shadows before and not liking them and that he "does this to them" (closes one eye real tight and grimaces). It's kinda weird. He also mentioned monsters today and that was a first. He seems to know that there are no monsters but he really doesn't like the shadows. He turns the light on and then they go away. I wonder if this is why he's been up every night for as long as I can remember now. Vader goes up, he pees, goes back to sleep no problem, but it's still a pain in the neck.

I went to Burger King with a friend after work on Tuesday. It was so nice to not be there with a diaper bag. Not that the kids and I ever go in... It was nice to just sit and talk again. Unfortunately it was after 10 pm. But good times nonetheless.

I don't think FIL has much more time left. He's really not doing well. Vader mentioned the word "funeral" last night and what we're going to do with the kids and that was the first time he's even talked about that... although I've been thinking about it for months now. Have I mentioned how much it sucks to be so alone here?

We still have to get our Christmas tree. Vader is going on Saturday. I would prefer to wait until Christmas Eve but that just doesn't happen around here with so many people who get theirs at Thanksgiving (damn them all!). We need to plant 30 in our yard and then just cut them down ourselves and be all set for the next 30 years.

Good times.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

Bee said...

I know of a trick that worked with some kids from the daycare I worked at in college... They were afraid of monsters, but I am guessing it may help with shadows as well... Get a small plastic spritzer bottle (like $0.89 at Sally's Beauty Supply) and fill it 3/4 full with water... Add a drop of perfume and/or food coloring and a pinch of glitter, and you have your "monster spray" (or "shadow spray" as the case may be)... Just spray a few times around your bed, and the monsters (or shadows) will have to leave you alone while you sleep... It takes a little work, but it's very inexpensive and it really worked (for those kids, at least)... Good luck!

readingjag said...

Aww, his imagination is kicking in! I love that age. My little sister was scared of monsters and I didn't like the dark until my aunt pointed out that when I closed my eyes it was dark and that wasn't scary, was it? I always thought I saw figures in the shadows, moving. Being a kid is weird.