Friday, May 11, 2007

Funny SkyWalker stories

As promised.

I don't think I've been talking much about him because all I've been doing is bitching and moaning. I hope these aren't repeats...

1. He is obsessed with singing "Happy Birthday". At 7:30 in the morning. Mostly he sings to one of his little friends at daycare. I told him Haze's birthday is in May (29th), as well as my father's, and of course the new baby's, so he's been throwing them in every once in a while too. It's so funny though. He'll randomly start singing at the top of his lungs and punctuate the "to whoever" with a big pointed finger.

2. He's also been singing Ten Little Monkeys. It's on one of his CDs. I played it for him once and did the doctor bit shaking my finger. And he did it back to me and it was cute. The next morning when he got up I could hear through the monitor that he turned the CD player on, found the song and played it. And he shouted "No more monkeys jump up down!" Hilarious. He even figured out how to play it again.

3. Last Sunday he wants to watch TV, I need to make dinner and say no. He takes the remote, climbs on the couch, turns the TV on (correctly--he used the right button to turn both the TV and cable box on) and watches a basketball game. No shirt on. I walked back and forth from the kitchen while making dinner and while in the kitchen I could hear him saying "Oh no!" and "Oh-Oh-Oh!" so it must have been one hell of a game. Yesterday I'm on the couch and he climbs up, takes the remote, turns the TV on, watches the traffic report and the weather, says okay, stop, and turns the TV off and climbs down to play with his toys. Friggin' hilarious.

I really can't wait until I can move around again and we can get away from the damn TV though. Vader heard something or saw something about 1/3 of all kids having TVs in their rooms. Young kids, not teenagers. And the reason was so the parents could watch what they wanted to watch out in the living room, so these young kids are watching TV alone. I wonder out of the 1/3 how many of these kids are obese too? It's just so sad. I didn't have a TV in my room until I went to college. And my kids won't either. I'm not a big fan of the TV as babysitter habit.

I've decided to stop moping and just accept the fact that I can't do anything right now. So I'm just going to lay on the couch, be online, read books, eat, and nap. I don't care if the house is a mess. This is my resting time so I might as well frickin rest. I've always wanted to do nothing and here's my opportunity. I do wish these damn dogs could be trusted to bring my food to me though. That would be sweet.


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

Bee said...

Thanks for the laugh... I needed that! As for the TV thing... Princess (who somehow manages to remain a "bean pole") has had a TV in her room, pretty much since she was born... She has also had her own cable box, DVD player, and VCR... They bought her her own Playstation (1) when she was like 3 years old... She now has a Game Boy Advance as well... Her TV is on almost all day, every day, whether she is in her room or not... Makes me wanna puke... Boogie will NOT have a TV in his room until he is old enough to get a job and buy it himself -- and I will even try to discourage that...

bookishbiker said...

Wow, I can't believe how young Remote Control Aptitude kicks in.

Jedi Mama said...

Scary isn't it??!