Monday, April 2, 2007

Acting out

I knew it was just a matter of time. Mommy can't do as much as I did, not paying enough attention, can't play... etc. It's natural to act out, but chewing a marker cap when we're home is just unacceptable! Haze has been particularly naughty lately--chewing pencils and markers and papers and things that she had seen everyday for months and was never tempted by. The kicker was yesterday though when we discovered a cap that had been destroyed in the living room while we were in the kitchen. Vader didn't even yell at her (he's done enough of that), just shoved the remnants in her nose and asked her why. She was shaking, literally shaking, to the point that I thought she was having a reaction to the marker chemicals.

Last night when I went to bed I hugged and kissed them both, difficult because of the bending, and I gave her some extra little loving and told her to stop being so destructive. It doesn't help that it's been so wet outside that they can't really run around like they should. And of course it's going to rain all week and Vader will be home late and I don't want to deal with the mud.

SkyWalker and I had a playdate yesterday with the neighbor. It was a lot of fun... I have stories... but I am tired and my "break" is over so they'll just have to wait.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

bookishbiker said...

ha. I thought you were talking about SkyWalker acting out when I started the post! Poor doggies, poor you.

Jedi Mama said...

Yeah, I know. I'm funny like that. ;-)