Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yes, I am a nerd

I've spent the evening printing out number templates from http://www.dltk-teach.com/numbers/index.html
since we're almost done with the alphabet. I'm planning on doing it all over again, which will get us to next September when SkyWalker starts preschool. But he requested numbers so I'll throw in a week of numbers. I need to make him some felt board stories now that my felt board is done. I can't decide if I want to go all out and actually use felt like I used to do when I did storytime, or take the easy way out and just print stuff out, laminate it and stick a piece of felt to the back. On the one hand I don't have to make a million stories, but on the other hand I don't have much time to make anything. Unless I do it here. Maybe I can make the library some stories as well and assuage my guilt...


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

5 comments:

wickedlibrarian said...

My mom made us felt board thingies when we were kids. She used those little cardboard boxes you get for school (to put your art supplies in - they're "cigar boxes", you know the ones I mean?) and on the inside flap she put down "landscape" felt, and then cut out little felt animals and people and things to stick onto the landscape part. We could keep all the pieces together in the box; just close it up and put it away when we were done playing. Clever!! :-)

Bee said...

We actually have a few cigar boxes here, if you want one/some... I am sure that Flower and Nice would be more than happy to accept some new felt boards for the library, but you should do whatever works for you!

Jedi Mama said...

I have a big board already made up, like the ones in storytime, but i LOVE this idea. i think i'll do it for our car trip to NC since i don't do that movie in the car business. Thanks!

Jedi Mama said...

Thanks. I think I will. :-) I just don't want to abuse Nice and get in trouble for doing too much of my own stuff here ya know? BTW, I am deleting your annoying voice mails. I think I am down to just 10-15 of them left. Gah!

Bee said...

You are so awesome... I knew you loved me! Teeheehee