Thursday, February 12, 2009

Camera shy

We had our Level 2 Ultrasound today and everything is normal. For now. The doc made a point of saying that it can develop at any time and if we want to do another one in 6-8 weeks we can, she would leave it up to us and our OB (they don't do L2s at the office, so it wasn't our OB). I think we will just to be on the safe side. And because I want to get a better picture. This baby (no, of course we didn't find out the gender. Where is the fun in that? ;-p) is laying sideways, which might explain why I feel kind of stretched out right now. The klondike bars every night could also explain that though. Anyway, it's sideways and the little face was either pointing down or covered the entire time. The tech did her best to make it roll over and move and it put it's hands in front of the face! Camera shy already. Nothing like the older 2 who beg for me to take their pictures everyday. I feel pretty optimistic because it was at this point with the Princess that we first discovered the dilation. And that was a result of a structural anomaly that would be present by now. So while we will do the next one, I really do feel optimistic that the kidneys will be okay. Of course, if it's a boy there is a chance that he would have hypospadius like SkyWalker, but that surgery was a walk in the park compared to what my poor baby girl has had to go through.

It's been a very long day and I am very tired. I should have taken the night off but I didn't. There really was no reason for me to... the appt was at 11 am! But afterwards Vader and I went shoe shopping--my own personal hell. Shoe shopping for HIM. He is worse than a woman! All I wanted to do was get home and he had to try on a zillion pairs of shoes. By the time we got home it was after 2 (after leaving at 9:15) and I feel like I had such a short day with my kids. Right before I left the Princess was sharing some food with her baby doll. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She was sitting in front of her kitchen with a little plate and a pretend baby food jar on it. She had her baby doll on the floor next to her. On the baby doll's tummy was a little plate with a pretend pizza on it. She was whispering to the doll and then seemed to realize that something was wrong and switched the plates and gave this little "Oh silly me!" laugh that was just hilarious and unbelievably cute. And then she said "eat" to the doll. I cannot tell you how hard it was to get in the car and drive to work.

SkyWalker has been awfully cute lately too. He tells me he "loves me the cutest" everyday. The other day I was telling him what a good big brother he is (because he really really is) and I said he was going to be a good big brother to the new baby too. He gave me a look like I was smoking crack and then like I'm twisting his arm he says "Fine. Fine (all exasperated)! I will try. But it will be hard because I already have [the Princess]." I laughed and laughed. He's been saying "Fine!" a lot lately.

My eyes are getting blurry. I think I am in serious need of a nap.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: