Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Princess

We took the Princess to the ER for her second round of shots today. Her last fever was at 7 pm last night (another 103.1) but it went down quickly and hasn't coming back. She's eaten today and barely napped and smiled and played and banged her spoon against the plate at Denny's and I think she'll be okay. Aside from some really stinky diarrhea from all the antibiotics she has in her tiny little body, she is doing well. She's just eaten her yogurt so hopefully that will start to counteract the diarrhea. She played outside today and went to the mall and only did a little fussing from being tired. 


So now the next step will be to go to the urologist and figure out if anything went wrong with her surgery. I'm really starting to think that it was just a fluke--the UTI she had/has was full of ecoli... I think with all of her massive pooping she's done lately eating big people food that she just got some poop up her pee-pee. Because when she poops, she POOPS. Her last ultrasound was a month ago and was great. How could there be something wrong now? I am going with the poop in the pee-pee theory until I am told otherwise. 

And now we know that *I* am okay as well since I have managed to once again bring poop into a post.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

4 comments:

medlibrarygirl said...

I am so relieved to hear that she is doing better today. Whew. I hope the urologist can confirm the poop in the pee-pee theory for you.

Bee said...

Oh my goodness, lady... Looks like I missed an awful lot when I wasn't keeping up on your blog... It's funny to hear that you are such a knowledgeable mama as to impress nurses -- librarians are so darn smart! Also glad to hear that Princess seems to be doing better already and most likely had poop issues rather than failed surgery... I will say a little prayer for her...

bookishbiker said...

WHEW. I'm so glad you guys can get back on track now. Poor kid, poor you.

lozzykiwi said...

It seems that life as a mother revolves around poop and vomit... I was thinking about this only the other day as I proceeded to tell a stranger about the content's of my boy's nappy!!