Thursday, January 29, 2009

Down with the Sickness

is a good song from Disturbed but you already knew that right?


This is a sick house.

The Princess broke out in hives Monday evening which got worse on Tuesday. They would appear and disappear and come back in other places. Very odd. We went to the doc on Tuesday and they tested her for strep and that was negative. Since then she's had a fever and a cough and clearly has some kind of virus. SkyWalker has been coughing as well so last night I gave up my humidifier so they would each have one. I don't think we've ever had all 3 of us needing one before. Last night was horrible. They were each up coughing and crying. Vader went up and did who knows what. At 3:30 (after hours of off and on whining) I went up and gave the Princess some motrin. She was definitely warm but not enough for me to confirm it with a thermometer up the butt. I checked SkyWalker and he too had a fever and very willingly took some tylenol. They slept "okay" after that. I did not. I've been dealing with bloody snot every night and a stuffed-up nose and I'm fine with that but yesterday my upper teeth started hurting *really* bad. I have finally called uncle and am going to the doc this afternoon where I am sure they will tell me I have a textbook case of a sinus infection. And that I have a big nose which is what happened the last time I went there with a sinus infection. I think there's something I can take, I hope there's something I can take, since I am allergic to penicillin and can't take amoxicillin. There's got to be something. We had a dentist appt this morning so I had to make the appt for this afternoon, after naptime. Which would be all well and good except Wal-Mart is notorious for taking 3 friggin' days to fill prescriptions and I don't want to wait around there for hours with them. Particularly since I have to work tonight. I may have to drop it off and then have Vader come home a little early so I can pick it up on my way to work.

The only thing worse than taking care of sick children is doing it while you don't feel well yourself. And on that note the Princess is crying Mommy and apparently not going to be able to fall asleep. Maybe I should see if I can get an earlier doc appt if she's not going to sleep anyway... 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: