Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Progress

I've gotten up by 6 every day this week. I've managed to pump, eat, and shower before the 7 am wake up call. I've momentarily thought about exercising as well, but then laughed it off. I would love a treadmill. I think that's the only thing I could really do that early in the morning. There was a time when I used to get up at 5 and go to the gym. A long time ago...

SkyWalker is back to normal. Vader spent all day Sunday with us and then on Monday he played with SkyWalker ALL DAY while I cleaned the house. I think it's no coincidence that he's pooping like crazy again and telling me how happy he is. I understand that Vader needed to be with his parents, but he also has a tendency to stay late at work or go to work on the weekends. And doing BOTH pretty much left us all alone and SkyWalker must have felt it too. All day Monday he kept saying "You going to work? You staying home?!" to his Daddy.

My dishwasher is coming tomorrow. Yay! It was over $800. Boo!

The Princess took a lovely 2 hour nap this morning. She did wake up part way through and talked to herself but she never cried and went back to sleep. And then she took another nap in the afternoon for an hour and 40 minutes! So did SkyWalker! Unfortunately I was too busy getting ready for work to really enjoy it. But it was nice anyway.

The Princess is so close to crawling. She tries SO hard. She did make a couple of forward movements today instead of just going backwards, so I think she'll be there soon. SkyWalker did everything later, but quicker. He was 9 months when he sat up without support, but he went from that to crawling in  just a couple of weeks. The Princess has been earlier, sitting at  6 months, but slower. Of course when you have a big brother who runs to hand you toys... although he has told me not to pick her up when she's on her tummy because she "needs to figure out how to push herself up". Yes, that is what he said.

Which brings me to the latest edition of cute things he's saying: "figure out", "do me a favor," "what you thinking about?". The Princess has been saying: "Mom-mom" "ga-nu-na" and "wha??"

She's also been exploring my face a lot. She loves to stare at me with her face just inches from mine and "caress" my cheeks and stick her fingers in my mouth or up my nose. It is equally hilarious, sweet, and annoying.

I need me some snack foods in this office! Hear that people? Snack foods. Get on top of that will ya?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

7 comments:

Shinesalot said...

Okay, so tell me all about the $800 dishwasher! Remember when we went to get the last one..I hope this one lasts. Does it tell you you're gorgeous and start your tea in the morning? Wouldn't that be lovely....

AnotherYarn said...

Work snack foods? I tended to keep trail mix (or a mix of my favorite dried fruit and nuts) in my desk along with a granola bar or clif bar type thing, some dark chocolate hidden away for stressful times... and cheese sticks in the fridge if you aren't worried about them getting snagged by co-workers.

bookishbiker said...

I'm glad you guys are getting back on an even keel. I was wondering how SkyWalker was doing... and good for you for getting yourself up for some sane time.

hamikka said...

pretty much ditto bookishbiker. it seems like your lives have been in this holding pattern for a while, waiting for tragedy to strike. and now it can move forward again.and it's cute that The Princess sticks her fingers in your mouth. Much cuter than my kitten's paw. :)

Bee said...

SkyWalker and Boogie are so damn much alike it is scary! We really need to get together again sometime soon...

Jedi Mama said...

It's got a stainless steel tub. Yup, that's about the only difference. Hopefully it will clean a bit better--my glasses were never quite as clean as they should have been. I can't wait to waste a bunch of dishes tomorrow and use it. ;-)

Jedi Mama said...

That was a direct message to my co-workers to provide some snackage in the office. ;-) But thanks.