Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Carpe Diem

All summer long I wore nursing camis. They were WONDERFUL. Easy.

I just undid the hook at the top, and I was ready to go. No playing with flaps or underlayers or any of that crap. But now, it is winter. And I am cold. Sigh. I cannot wear these without turning my heat up to 80 and I'm not ready to go there yet. I do have double zip sweaters (zip up from the bottom) and I wear these under them or a nursing bra, but it's just not the same. I need one of my knitting friends to knit me a sweater that's like the cami--that pulls down from the top. I'm pretty sure this is impossible. But I'm also pretty sure that if it's not impossible, one of my knitting friends could do it. They're pretty good.

The Princess had her check-up today. She is 15 pounds, 15 ounces, 25 and 3/4 inches. 50% both height and weight. She's slowed down in her weight gain (which is normal for breastfed babies and totally fine since she was getting to be a chunky monkey). She's got eczema just like big brother and Daddy. But doing just fine. SkyWalker got his flu shot without any crying. He winced, said "That hurt!" but took it like a big boy. I was so proud of him. Having Daddy there helped though.

You know when you start to feel bad for yourself and do a lot of complaining and then you hear something that makes you stop and say "What the hell am I feeling bad for??" One of my friends lost her uncle (father's brother) the other night--car crash. The very next day another uncle, also her father's brother, had an apparent heart attack and died in his sleep. He was making funeral arrangements. So now her poor father has lost TWO brothers in just TWO days. Can you even imagine? How horrible is that? My heart goes out to their entire family.

Carpe diem man. Carpe Diem.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

5 comments:

library_chic said...

I have a sweater that has three snaps on one shoulder, so it's possible to do. It might look a little unusual, though.....or maybe retro...

Jedi Mama said...

I'm sure it would look better than my chilly boobs flapping in the wind... ;-)

library_chic said...

Well, yes, that's probably true :)

readingjag said...

i bet we could find a nursing sweater pattern that someone could whip up for you. and thanks for the kind thoughts for my family. the whole thing has made me sit back and think a lot, you know?

Bee said...

If only I knew how to knit... I would try! Best of luck finding something...