Thursday, November 8, 2007

Poop

It's hard to stay positive when the universe keeps deficating on me.

While attempting to take Isaac outside yesterday and keep SkyWalker inside, I slammed my finger into the back door. There is still a good deal of pain. Having gone through labor I will not say it's a great deal of pain, but it hurts. I took a nice little chunk of my skin off and that stings but the knuckle itself must be bruised as well. While walking Isaac and calling him a sonofabitch I stepped in dog poop.

On the way to soccer today a pebble/rock hit my window and there is a now a chip in it. Hopefully it will not spread.

The new tires for the van will cost $200. A tire.

The Princess was up all night again last night. I think she might be reacting to the pears though so I'm experimenting with that theory tonight. I can't believe we made it out of the house on time this morning for soccer. I am TIRED.

The good news is that FIL is doing much better. After a couple of days of dialysis the toxins appear to be out of his blood and he's lucid and holding conversations with people who are actually talking to him. His right kidney is still not draining well but it's being flushed on a regular basis and no one is talking about taking it out yet. He's still in a lot of pain from the cancer in his spine.

SkyWalker and I have a playdate on Monday with the neighbor. We're also setting up a weekly playdate with some old friends of ours. Although he still mentions Littleman and says that he "just likes Littleman" he will almost always come around and agree to play with someone else. It won't be the same but I don't think we'd want it to be.

And instead of automatically saying that we wouldn't be going to a friend's wedding because of traveling (short one) or the kids or whatever excuse, I am actually planning on going. It helps that she's kind enough to invite the kids as well. Anything can happen that will prevent us from making it, but I'm starting out with the idea that yes, we will be there.

It's all baby steps.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Bee said...

Glad to hear you are experiencing some mini-victories, even if the universe is still pooping in your Cheerios...