Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Some days

I have been a mom for over 3 years now. I have been a MSAHM for almost 6 months. And there are still some days that I feel like I just don't know what I'm doing. Usually those are the days that follow sleepless nights.

The Princess was up at 11ish, 12, 1 (I went up then and rocked her and gave her a paci and put her back down), 2 (I fed her this time), 3:30 (Daddy did who knows what), some other time I can't remember, 6:15 (I fed her at 6:30 and put her back down) and 8 for the day. She barely ate breakfast (most unusual these days). She slept in the swing for 20 minutes and when I put her upstairs for her nap (after feeding her a top-up feed) she slept for a good... 30 minutes maybe? Crying. I took her temp and it's only 99.7 (rectally) but I gave her tylenol anyway because she is just not herself. I don't think this is a reaction to her surgery. I think she'd have a much higher fever if it were an infection. Her incision looks fine and is healing well. She's peeing a lot. I am afraid that this is all about that dreaded t-word, but I shan't be saying that word since I said it for MONTHS with SkyWalker and he didn't get his first tooth until he was a year old.

I am beyond exhausted. SkyWalker is being a pain in the ass. He is still in pajamas and I don't care. He didn't brush his teeth until 11 am. The dogs are growling at each other. Isaac is doing his normal bark at the wind routine. I would like to silence them all and sleep for a few weeks. I have to find the time to vote today. I have to work tonight. Vader is at the hospital with his father who is getting stents put in to help his swollen kidneys.

If I can't go to my family for Thanksgiving and be taken care of for a few days I will go absolutely crazy.

SkyWalker is jumping around like a lunatic (he only had 3 skittles. it can't be the skittles. i hate Halloween). I am about to eat my pizza without him. The Princess is finally sleeping but who knows for how long. I really do not need her being sick. How could she get sick? We don't go anywhere! We haven't left the house since last Thursday! She can't be sick.

Oh. And my water is coming out black now.

Thank the FSM for good TV. Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs and The Office are all getting me through this week.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Bee said...

The dreaded "T" took a good 3 months worth of misery to produce any sharp little objects in Boogie's mouth... I guess trying some Orajel might be one way to test the theory... Best of luck with that... Random sleepless night and crying really suck...