Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's the little things

that keep me sane.

During snack time SkyWalker and I discussed what he wanted to get Vader for Christmas. He said "train." I laughed. Here we go again. I said "Are you sure he wants a train?"
"Yes. Gordon. Daddy and SkyWalker like Gordon."
Then I said "What about a CD?"
"A CD??"
"Yeah. Music that he likes."
"We have one CD, we don't need two" as he holds up one finger for emphasis.

This from the boy who wanted to get another Stepney train for his father's birthday.

There's all sorts of crap going on with FIL that I don't want to get into here. Short version: I don't think there's much time left.

The Princess has been rolling over on her tummy at naptime. What's so unusual about that? She's still FULLY SWADDLED. This is supposed to be impossible. At the very least it is not safe. So I've begun the unswaddling process... I tried cold turkey yesterday and nearly went insane. Today I've been leaving one arm out. It took her over an hour to fall asleep for her second nap. It was not a pleasant afternoon.

For those of you dying to know... I have chosen the celadon color for my matron of honor dress. Now I need to find a little dress in the same color for the Princess. Because I am one of "those moms."

Speaking of "those moms", I am wearing capris that don't look like capris because I'm so short and me legs are cold but I am wearing them anyway because SkyWalker picked them out. He picks out my clothes for work. Usually he's pretty good, but he insisted on the capris today. And a black sparkly shirt that he's been eyeing all week.

Both of them were up last night. I am SO TIRED. That is the hardest part about having two kids...trying to synchronize naps so you can get something done... hoping that they both sleep through the night. If one does, the other is up for some reason. Last night they alternated. It was ridiculous.

We need to leave the house at 8:45 tomorrow morning to make it to soccer on time. I will be getting home around 9:30 tonight, watching Scrubs and the Office and I'll need to shower. Argh. I hope they sleep tonight...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

6 comments:

Bee said...

Sending hypnotic, sleepy vibes your way...

Shinesalot said...

I hope soccer went well..oh, and can you send a link so I/we can see the dress?

Jedi Mama said...

Depends on your definition of "well". Will update later.

Librarian Amy said...

I think you'll look nice in the celadon. I know you don't have time for this, but if you order your dress to be too large, and have extra fabric from the alteration, you could always just get Princess a white dress and have whoever does your alterations make her a matching sash.

Jedi Mama said...

Ooooh. I already ordered my dress and with a size 2 I don't there will be anything extra. When she talked about alterations she said if you need cups and looked directly at ME. But that is a good idea.... I think my SIL was ordering a bit bigger because she thinks she'll be pregnant. Maybe I can steal some fabric from one of them. Of course the store is on Long Island... but that is a good idea--white dress with just a celadon accessory.

hamikka said...

i love the fact that skywalker picks out your work clothes. love it. i should try it with my cats, see what they rub on and scratch up the most...