Friday, June 20, 2008

Good times

Highlights from today's baby playdate:


1. SkyWalker poops with the door open and yells "I pooped" so that I can come and wipe him. 

2. SkyWalker uses his scissors to cut up pieces of cord for babies to choke on and stabs himself and oozes blood that I have to bandage. 

3. SkyWalker TALKS to someone. Woo-hoo! He apparently does so much better in smaller group situations (one mom and baby) and when the pressure is off him. It wasn't his playdate. So he was funny and cute and talked and was pretty normal. At one point he was talking about the abacus he has and he said that he does it "with Daddy not with ladies." How funny is that?? At least he's polite and called her a lady. :-) And when our guests left he very nicely said goodbye and followed it up with "Drive your own car!" in case she might get confused and take Mommy's. (He says the same thing to me and Vader when we leave--Drive your car Mommy. Drive your car Daddy.)

The Princess seemed to have a really good time playing too. It was nice to see her interacting with another baby her age instead of just her big brother. I think at one point she wanted to kiss him. She needed to go down for a nap and got pretty cranky but I do think her molars must be getting close to breaking through. It was really nice for her to have a playdate instead of it being big kids and her getting a little overwhelmed and wanting to cling to Mommy. I think it was nice for Mommy too.... 

Remember the maid of honor dress fiasco? Wasn't ready when I picked it up and I had to wait for her to hem it? My mother brought the dress to where we bought it (I brought it down to LI with me so it's there and I don't have to worry about it) and they were shocked at how horrible of a job this woman did. So when I'm down there next I have to go there and have a fitting and they're going to fix it. I probably should ask for my money back but I just paid and left without really inspecting it so it's kind of my own fault. I should have just had the dress altered on LI to begin with but I didn't think about that. 

The Princess sounds like she is trying to kick her way out of her crib right now. I think she's still sleeping. She's just kicking. I'm sure she's going to be climbing her way out much sooner than I am ready for.

I have to work this weekend and all I want to do is sleep. It's not like that would happen if I wasn't working. Vader would be out all day mowing the lawn and it would be just another day for me. Next weekend we'll be clearing out the living room and kitchen in anticipation of the floor refinishing. Which reminds me I have more wallpaper I need to get down before then. Ack!


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: