Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Breathing again

So I feel a little better today. Vader and I had a long talk last night, initiated by him which was weird because he doesn't usually do that right before bed and because it was all about what we're doing with SkyWalker when I'm at the hospital. The timing was very odd... anyway, we decided that after #2 is born Vader and SkyWalker will spend the nights at home while I'm in the hospital with #2. As much as I need Vader to be with me I realized a few things last night:

1) He was no help at night. I distinctly remember SkyWalker waking up and me not being able to get up (with the whole passing out after losing so much blood thing) and having to SCREAM at Vader to wake up so he could get him. And throw a pillow at him. When he finally woke up I remember crying and saying "What good are you if you can't even wake up??" And I know it was difficult each time waking him up, that was just the WORST.

2) The second night we had the nurses take SkyWalker to the nursery so we could sleep for 4-6 hours.

3) I will be up every 2 hours feeding and not sleeping anyway.

If Vader is at home with SkyWalker (at night) then at least SkyWalker's routine will not be totally screwed up (whenever I work the night he goes to sleep without me there anyway). And the dogs will be okay. And if Vader is sleeping at night then he will be more help during the day. It makes more sense for them to be home. I can deal with SkyWalker being away during the day (although I'm sure he'll visit) because that's what's happening now. And as much as I don't want to be away from him at night at least he'll be in his own bed.

Of course if I go to the hospital in the middle of the night then we'll have to drop him off at BF's house to sleep there until I deliver.

I did some research last night and I think I've diagnosed myself. The pain I've been having sounds very much like symphysis pubis dysfunction. Aside from hearing any clicking noise when I walk, I've got all of the other symptoms. And I found a reference that says that some women continue to have this pain when they get their periods. The last time I had those I was getting such bad pain on the first day that I went to the doc to see if I had endometriosis. I think it's more likely that it's this. I printed out some exercises to do (ha), but basically I think I just need to take it easy and have this baby.

Vader is working late again tonight and I really need to come up with something other than waffles for dinner.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

ayanna said...

first, *hugs*second, owie! man, that pain thing sounds familiar. i have trouble even walking after sitting or lying down for a while. i feel like an old lady, and the boy helps me upstairs a lot.third, i'm glad you got to talk things out. it's hard trying to figure this crap out, details and whatnot. i kinda hope my c-section is during the week, so that the boy can be at school some, which will keep things more normal for him initially. we want the spouses to be helpful, but they're either not around, or never wake up (bastards -- i barely slept last night). but we love them...

Jedi Mama said...

Thanks. It hurts when I lay down, it hurts when I sit and it hurts when I walk. It's a real pain in the ass. Well I guess it would be a pain elsewhere.... 10 weeks to go (maybe less).