Friday, March 9, 2007

Pink eyes!

I left work at 6:30 last night because there was so much goop in my eyes they were getting blurry. I had my contacts in and naturally no glasses with me because that would have been being prepared for emergencies. So I left early to go home and get my contacts out and hopefully let my eyes rest and then be normal.

When SkyWalker woke up at 2ish I couldn't open my eyes. Vader went upstairs to fix whatever it was last night, and I stumbled to my sink to wash my eyes and try to open them. Not good. When Vader got up this morning he brought me a wet cloth because my eyelids were stuck together again. I got up at 7 because I just couldn't sleep and I could barely open my eyes. They were so swollen. It was clear. Pink eye. D'oh!

Vader drove me and SkyWalker to daycare so we could drop him off and then he took me to my Level 2 Ultrasound (no news to report there, except that the baby is now 2 pounds, 14 ounces) and I was lucky enough to get an appt with my PCP immediately after. We went there, as soon as I walked in it was obvious I had pink eye. The doctor made some joke about my husband making it to the final 12 last night, we had no idea what he was talking about, (American Idol. Apparently there's a bald man that my husband looks like), then we picked up the ointment I have to put in both my eyes forf 10 days. No contacts until I'm all done. Damnit. I can go back to work on Monday and can be out in public after 24 hours.

What the hell?? Being pregnant isn't enough? Still having nasal congestion after 3-4 months isn't enough? Now I have to have pink eye?? In both eyes?? Crikey!

At least they are no longer swollen like they were and there's no more discharge. Hopefully they'll be better tomorrow after a day of ointment. Which is not as easy as drops. Damnit.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

ayanna said...

i'm sorry. i remember trying to put that ointment in the boy's eyes when he was two, and that was a battle i hope to never repeat. pink eye is evil.