Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Controlled substances

I'm in a slight rage right now. Slight.


I finally called the gyn this morning because not being able to stand due to severe debilitating menstrual pain really sucks when you have 2 children who expect you to not only stand but also walk and run. While at the playground the doc called back and wrote me a prescription. We were at the playground, not the doc. Finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel we went to the doc to pick up the prescription (because it's a controlled substance they couldn't call it in) and then Wal-Mart to fill it. We walked around for a little while... and then a little more.... and then a little more. We were there for over an hour. I need this because it's so painful I can't stand for long. And I wound up walking and walking and walking. Pushing 2 children no less. 

I do not have my controlled substance. 

The prescription dose was "a little high" so they called the doc to confirm but I guess they never called back. They called 3 or 4 times. I finally couldn't take it anymore and just left. I am so friggin annoyed. I could be feeling better by now but instead I will have to wait until Vader can pick it up when he goes shopping tonight. Hopefully it will be ready by then. So I should get it around 10 pm tonight. That'll be useful. 

The playground was awesome--wicked hot--but SkyWalker had a great time running around with trainboy and I had to drag him away. He asked if trainboy could come back to our house but alas I needed to pick up my prescription. Ha. It only took him about 5 or 6 months to start playing with trainboy... so I figure he'll start playing with the kids at preschool just as soon as it's over. 

I was going to have a whole preschool jitters post but I am too distracted with my prescription rage right now. And the Princess needs to finish her snack and take a nice long nap now. Despite her blossoming lower molars she will take a nice long nap. She will. Because the universe cannot possibly be that cruel to me right now.

Edited 5 pm. The universe is a cold cruel bitch.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

4 comments:

bookishbiker said...

I'm so sorry. but your PS made me laugh pretty hard!

Felice said...

Someone sounds like she needs some drugs!:-)That sucks; I'm sorry. If it is any consolation, the universe has been a bit cruel over here, too.

Shinesalot said...

Hope you are drugged the next time you post. WTF is going on with your reproductive organs? Please stay on top of it - I was thinking we could be prego together this next time around...

hamikka said...

Oh sweetie, I wish I could zip you over some of my heavy-duty. Good luck!