Friday, August 22, 2008

Pleasant surprises

We had the best playdate. 


There were 3 moms instead of 6. 3 additional kids instead of 9. Bonus. Yay for last minute cancellations and no-shows! That sounds so horrible, but I was really worried about having all of those kids (I forgot to set a limit). We wound up playing inside and it was just fine. The kitchen set was a hit and the little girls gravitated towards that. SkyWalker and trainboy ran around like maniacs and played down in the office by themselves. I will get a picture up here later of what resulted from them playing by themselves. But really, how many people can say that they let a 3 and a 2 year old boy play by themselves and there's no marker on the wall, no damage, nothing bad. There's a big mess, but there's always a big mess. I really am lucky with that kid of mine. 


The Princess wound up taking a nap because she was crying too much. Then she had lunch, a snack, and is sleeping again. Hopefully she will not be a crabby beyotch tonight. It's probably good that we are going out and it will be a late night since she's napping so late. 

One of the moms said how much better SkyWalker is doing. Less shy. More social. She doesn't see him that often so it was a big difference for her. Considering at the first playdate he hid in the bathroom. He's come SO far. And so have I. I have more than one friendship basket and plenty of eggs and yes I'm going to beat that analogy into the ground. 

I found out disturbing news about the OB who delivered both of my kids and would probably deliver my next ones as well. I still have to confirm it but I have a feeling I'll be looking for a new OB soon. I think I'd rather have ONE instead of a whole practice, but I don't know if that's even an option anymore. I think they're all hooking up because of all the malpractice suits. 

SkyWalker just looked at the picture and said "What that from?" and then answered himself "Oh, that from my big mess!" Good times. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: